I didn't know Lenovo does warranty repair without the original Windows on it. This warranty issue is one reason that I don't do "dual-boot" from the original disk. I always add another Linux disk.

On 2023-09-13 17:39, Peter King via talk wrote:
It's a Lenovo Legion T5-26AMRS, about a year and a half old; the CPU is an AMD Ryzen 7 5700G (8 cores) running around 3GHz, with 32GB of RAM. The graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 with 12GB onboard RAM. I bought a three-year warranty when I got it, so it's still eligible for repair.  Ignoring the CPU Fan Failure message so far hasn't caused any hiccups, which makes me distrust the message.  The fact that the CMOS started acting up exactly when the fans failed make me suspect an electrical problem on the motherboard.

I run Arch Linux; I wiped Windows off the machine as soon as I got it. Apart from the hardware troubles it runs well.  I run similar Arch setups on my other computers, too.  If I didn't have to look at a GUI ever I would be happy.