That same kind of spell checking ability exists with Window-Eyes in Word and
in Outlook itself.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+bill=mind....@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Dane Trethowan via Talk
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2015 10:54 PM
To: Shannon; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: A New Way Of Composing email Messages, Has Some Benefits?

Hi everyone!

I have a new way of writing email messages which I'm finding to be most
beneficial because I now have instant access to a "Check Spelling As You
Type" feature thanks to the excellent Jarte Plus word processing
package, I first write my email message in Jarte, copy the message to
the clipboard and paste it into the body of a new email message I
compose in Thunderbird after filling out the address, subject fields etc.

Writing the email in Jarte has the advantage of being able to use the
perfectly accessible "Check Spelling As You Type" functionality that
Jarte Plus offers, I'm not sure about the free version of Jarte as I
started from the Pro edition and have installed upgrades and updates
were appropriate ever since.

The way the function works is quite simple, when Jarte detects a
incorrect spelling a beep is heard, you then can review your text, place
the cursor in the incorrect word, , press the context key on the
keyboard and see the corrections offered for the word in question, hear
the spelling etc.

I got used to the "Check Spelling As You Type" feature thanks to the Mac
machine I use where this functionality is standard for all applications
unless the user chooses to turn it off.  Jart Plus is the only
application I've found which offers something very similar in an
accessible and easy to use form, perhaps other users have found similar
functionality and use in other Windows software or perhaps within an
email client itself? If so I'd like to hear about it as I'm sure would
other users.

List archives can be found at