From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+rod_hutton=hotmail....@lists.window-eyes.com] On Behalf
Of Chris Skarstad via Talk
Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2015 12:34 AM
To: talk@lists.window-eyes.com
Subject: trouble reading edit boxes

         Hi guys

This is actually a message about my girlfriend's laptop, it runs windows
7 64-bit with the latest window-eyes 9.1.  Interestingly enough when the
problem I'm about to describe started happening, she was running
window-eyes 8.4, but I thought upgrading to 9.1 might solve the problem.
Unfortunately, it didn't so here I am. What's happening is that for
whatever reason she's unable to read edit boxes in certain applications
like her twitter client called Chicken Nugget, and most notably in
Miranda NG, which she uses for Facebook chat.  when you're in a text
area you should be able to use your arrow keys to read back what you've
written letter by letter, sentence by sentence, etc.  However, when she
tries to do this, window-eyes simply says blank, blank, blank.  This
happened after she rebooted her pc after it locked up for whatever
reason, i'm not quite sure why.  Either way, Is there a fix for this?  I
am considering having her do a system restore to try and bring the pc
back to a time before this started happening, but because she upgraded
to 9.1 i'm not sure if this would be a real issue.  These edit boxes
read just fine with other screenreaders, but they won't read using
window-eyes.  Something is not allowing these edit boxes to read.  So
any help is greatly appreciated. If you guys need any clarification,
please let me know what we can do to fix the issue.  This happened with
both 8.4, and it also happens with 9.1.  Thanks!

List archives can be found at