I would appreciate it if one or more interested persons would check this out and tell me if the issue described below is a screen reader issue or is poor construction on the part of the web host.

Please go to:

www.usps.com ,

click on quick tools, then click on schedule a pickup.

At this point, you are asked to provide first name, middle initial, last name, phone number, and email address, after which there is a 250 character edit field for any additional info to be entered. All of these work fine for me either with Window-eyes 9.1 or JFW 16. I haven't tried it with NVDA.

Now here is where I have a seemingly insurmountable problem. You are presented with a combo box for selecting whether the package is to be picked up on your porch or in your mailbox when the carrier delivers your mail. This is okay, but the date selection mechanism just doesn't work for me regardless of screen reader though there well may be something which I am missing. So the question becomes "is it possible to complete the scheduling of a package pickup using Window-eyes 9.1?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. By the way, I had similar results regardless of whether I used Internet 11 or a recent version of Firefox.

Don Roberts