Also make sure that your function keys are set to retain there traditional
settings.  Some new machines make the function keys perform functions specific
to that machine such as turning the volume up and down,
or turning wireless on and off.  To use the function keys as you would normally
use them, you would need to press the FN key.  There is usually a setting in
the BIOS setup that allows you to change that behavior
so that the machine-specific function keys are accessed with the FN key but the
regular function key assignments work as they always have.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson