Hi, I have the exact same questions and want a computer with Windows 7 on
it.  Looking for a laptop as well.  Thanks.

Jo Taliaferro

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+soaringeagle7=comcast....@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Sunshine via Talk
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2015 1:24 PM
To: Ray Campbell; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: Laptop Questions

you can get a laptop from computers for the blind that has windows 7 on it.
if you are interested let me know i can get you their contact info.

On 3/30/2015 8:42 AM, Ray Campbell via Talk wrote:
> Hello All:
>
> Well, we found out yesterday that Uncle Sam was kind to us and giving us
some money back.  So, considering that our current main computer, a Toshiba
Extended Keyboard Laptop running Windows 7 32-bit is 6.5 years old, we've
been talking about investing in a new one.

> This is our main computer in the house.  We will want it to be a PC, since
we keep financial records on it and are not as comfortable with software for
doing that on the Mac.  We've also got scanning software that runs on the PC
.

> Here are my questions:
> 1.  I think the answer to this is no, but I'll ask, can you still get an
Extended Keyboard laptop, with the numpad keys on it running Windows 7
64-bit?  I was going to check at Best Buy but I thought I'd ask here first.
> 2.  Assuming the answer to question 1 is no, what are people's experiences
with Windows 8.1 654-bit?  How hard is it to use with Window-Eyes, which is
our primary screen reader?
> 3.  Does Kurzweil 1000 run on 8.1, and if so, what version would we need?
> 4.  We use Money Talks to manage our checkbook and write checks.  Is APH
even supporting it anymore, and does it run on 8.1?  If it does not, what
accessible personal finance programs are people using which can also print
out checks?

> I think that's all for now.  Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Ray Campbell
> ray153...@gmail.com

> List archives can be found at

List archives can be found at