Hello Listers,

Well I finally upgraded to a brand new and very fast computer, and Windows 8.1. While waiting to finally afford the new W 8.1 machine, I used my wife's laptop which ran Windows 7, a much more intuitive OS IMHO. Everything that was so simple with 7 is so much harder with 8. Anyway, this is my question.

I am simply wanting to change the sorting order of my files in one of my documents folders, namely bookshare, and cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the view from what ever it is at present to last modified. I understand that it can be done within the ribbon, but I haven't come anywhere near to mastering that one.

This OS is making me feel something like a neofite, though I've been using a PC for nearly 25 years.

OK, sorry about the venting, but would really like some help with this one.

BTW, does anybody have some ideas as to an intro book I could use to move the learning process along? Hopefully something that doesn't rely on the mouse to much.

I have in deed made some progress, but I'll admit, I'm about to lose patients <smile>.

Thanks much,

Larry