Hi, fellas.

After Updating to WE nine, I also lost my message red/ unred status icons in
Outlook twenty oh three. What I did to get them back was to open Outlook and
route the WE mouse pointer to the list view, then move by clip--that's num
pad insert- 7 and num pad insert 9--to find the icon. You could use sighted
assistance to locate the graphics, or you could do it the way I did, which
was to locate the icons thus.

Scanning the email list, I selected a message I knew I had already read,
routed the mouse pointer to the email message, then moved by clip until I
heard WE say, "graphic." Then I pressed Control-Shift-e to open the graphic
dictionary. The graphic dictionary dialog opened and focus was in the speech
label edit box. I typed the word red (that's r e d) and then tabbed to the
update entry button and pressed spacebar.

I followed the same steps to label the unred (that's u n r e d), the
attachment, the replied to, and the forwarded icons. In order to make sure
the forwarded icon would appear, I chose a message from the list and
forwarded it to myself. To make the attachment icon appear, I attached a
small file to an email and sent it to myself. When I reply to a message I
had read, the icon changes from red to replied to, so during the course of
ordinary correspondence, I had to remember to find a message to which I had
replied and followed the same steps to label the replied to icon.

As for WE speaking no flag, the solution is simpler. From the Outlook inbox,
open the WE control panel and navigate the settings tree view down to
dictionaries, press right arrow to expand, then down arrow to graphics. Tab
to the dictionary contents list and press the letter n until you land on no
flag, or, arrow down if you prefer. Now, there are two ways of handling this
entry. The first is to shift tab to the speech label silence graphic check
box and check it. Now tab to the update entry button and press space bar.
There are other check boxes, such as silence Braille, and you may need to
check those as well.

The second solution is to delete the graphic. Basically, after you have
located the no flag entry in the list, tab to the remove entry button and
press space bar. I don't know if you need to tab to the update entry button
and press it, but might as well, right? Same goes for save settings. It
doesn't hurt to press those buttons even if it's not necessary, and, it
could save you having to add your entries all over again.

hth,
Lou N.