That's interesting, because I followed these same instructions about a month ago, and it did me absolutely no good. As I am replying to this message, all the mouse will read is the word "file," when I press the 8 key, and I take it that WE is reading from the first option on the menu bar at the top of the screen, and the second thing it reads when I press the number two key is the following line that indicates that I am replying to this message "On 5/22/2015 7:42 AM, Robert Martin via Talk wrote:" and that's it.

I fiddled with Thunderbird/WE for days, and finally Chris from WE tech support wrote to tell me that the mouse keys were definitely not supported in Thunderbird, and after that, I just decided to say the hell with it, and just put up with it.

If someone could please tell me what the last version of the bird that supports the use of the mouse and WE cursor keys is, I would be happy to go back. Not only that, but tell me just where I could go to find that version. Not being able to use the mouse cursor, or the WE cursors for that matter is beyond annoying IMHO, it is just down right infuriating at times.