-----Original Message-----
From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+msolomon=aisquared....@lists.window-eyes.com]
On Behalf Of Petro T. Giannakopoulos via Talk
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2015 11:04 AM
To: talk@lists.window-eyes.com
Subject: Specific Application Accessibility questions

New member here. Will install Window Eyes 9.1 when it supports Windows 10. I
have listened to the 3 hour 57 minutes audio tutorials on my NLS player. Great
job Steve!! Now to my questions,

Does AI Squared have plans to support the UIA from infragistics.com? The
developer I know uses the infragistics tools.

At the moment JAWS 16 handles the application I am testing currently the best.
All the controls found within this application work fine except JAWS will lose
focus and the user has to shut down JAWS and restart it to get the focus back.

NVDA has issues with controls on main UI of this application. Press spacebar on
a control does open the control but using the down / up arrow keys does not
reveal all options available but the user can use the screen review mode
insert+numpad7 then numpad 4 plus numpad 6 to hear the hidden options.
The No Conversion Settings button is flawed but JAWS reads it and handles this
control’s options with left and right arrow key presses and enter key chooses
the option.
The list view ‘the files list” is invisible until two or more files are in it.
While in the settings tab properties the data fields edit values or invisible
unless screen review or object mode are used.

With Windows Eyes 9.1
The controls like Capture Method button and the No Conversion Settings button
have issues when pressing spacebar to enter its options. User told me the WE
cursor does not help her at all when talking over the phone.
While in the settings tab properties a checkbox status would not check mark
when pressing the space bar then shift+tab and tab to rehear the checkbox
status always stayed unchecked. Maybe I should have told her to use the left
click which is numpad / on the troublesome checkbox?
Also, some of the drop down / combo boxes did not work using the up / down
arrow keys within the settings properties. I told her to use alt+ down arrow
and they worked for her. this method allowed her to open the combo boxes.
The list view ‘the files list’ is invisible. This is where the files show up.
With 3 or 4 captures done the list view remained invisible. Why? I told here to
go to her show in folder button to find her files on the hard drive or locate
the default folder she setup for her captures. When there were her files but
not seen when in the applications list view.
JAWS sees the list view normally, NVDA when two or more files are captured
within the application’s list view.
Last, when in the settings properties some controls / configurations can be
toggled to on or off using the spacebar but Window Eyes 9.1 is not telling the
user the status of the control. How come?
JAWS does tell the user is the switch is on or off and so does NVDA. Visually I
do not know what the on / off look like but the screen reders other than WEyes
do say switch is on / off or just saids on / off. Think of this as the enabled
/ disabled toggle.
If there is an experienced user of Window Eyes who is willing to test this
application please let me know. Two or threee the better.
Better yet a Apps developer who can create a fix for WEyes users would be
greatly appreciated.