From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+michael.micallef=gov...@lists.window-eyes.com]
On Behalf Of Chip Orange via Talk
Sent: Wednesday, 03 June 2015 20:46
To: Michael Micallef; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: RE: query from a window-eyes user.

Hi Michael,

I have to say this is not my experience; so perhaps the original user is using
some specific program which causes this to happen?

Having said that, one possible fix for this is to increase the cursor key delay
 (found in the main WE windows, in the "Cursor Keys" settings, in the "options"
group).

  If this is happening only in one program, I would create a .set file for that
program if one doesn't exist, then I'd recommend changing the scope of the
cursor key delay to "program" before increasing the delay value (which you will
have to experiment with to see how high you have to go before it works as
desired; I had to go to 20 recently).  Changing the scope will cause the slight
delay before speaking which you are introducing to be limitted to just the
program in question.  Be sure to save your .set file after making a change.

Hth,

Chip

Chip Orange
Florida Public Service Commission