OK, I agree with what you say, but after being infected through a different program that came with my internet server, I switched to MSE. MSE was able to find infected files that the other program missed. I also use Malware Bites. No program is completely effective. I read a report that says a program called Panda is rating very good these days. Has anyone tried that one with Window-Eyes? Thanks.

Carol

On 7/24/2015 6:57 PM, Elizabeth via Talk wrote:
I used to use MSE years ago. It did not catch things. I switched to Eset Security Suite. It costs, but not much. You get what you pay for when you use free security programs.

Elizabeth

At 06:53 PM 7/24/2015, you wrote:
it use to update once per day.
i wouldn't even use it.
it is on the bottom of the list for security. and it has lost its certification as a antivirus program.
other sites say it has let 32 percent of viruses through.
http://www.howtogeek.com/173291/goodbye-microsoft-security-essentials-microsoft-now-recommends-you-use-a-third-party-antivirus/

-----Original Message----- From: Pastor Gil Pries via Talk
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2015 3:20 PM
To: t...@window-eyes.com
Subject: Microsoft Security Essentials Question

Hi,
How often does the Microsoft Security Essentials program update automatically?

Pastor Gil

For membership options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/netbat%40comcast.net. For subscription options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/listinfo.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com List archives can be found at http://lists.window-eyes.com/private.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com

For membership options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/thoth93%40earthlink.net. For subscription options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/listinfo.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com List archives can be found at http://lists.window-eyes.com/private.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com

For membership options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/carogsmith%40embarqmail.com. For subscription options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/listinfo.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com List archives can be found at http://lists.window-eyes.com/private.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com