Hi: I have not downloaded VS 2015 yet.
I am building a large, complex project using Visual Studio Community Edition
2013 and will install VS 2015 after some time to let all the buggs get
rolled out of it if any.
The usual types of interfaces most financial analysts use is an excel style
layout which is controlled usually by tabbed views to display the diferent
content.
This project is not for phones or apps but a true desktop project for
standard or large displays.
How did you find out that the usual WinForms controls were no longer
supported in VS 2015 in favor of the xaml controls?
I hadent heard they were being deprecated from any of the programmers using
VS 2015 but I never thought to ask them that specifically.
As for making the Winforms controls more accessible I want:
A Master Detail layout with a Listbox at the top:
A couple or 3 controls under it that get dynamically loaded from a DataBase
and from the data held in the DataTable bound to the listbox with many
sortable columns.
I am thinking that the groups of controls perhaps 3 textboxes or some type
of grid and a couple of textboxes will be in each view and each view will
have its own MenuBar with various selections including sorts that will sort
the MasterListbox based on the columns related to that particular view.
If I use a grid control inside the view as one of the controls it would have
perhaps 7 columns and about 30 rows along with each column having a heading
and each row having a heading and then the 2 textboxes holding notes and
related metrix for each ticker as it is arrowed over in the master listbox.
I tried WindowEyes with a TabbedDocument some time ago and opted for using a
text box with lines of details in it as it read very well with WindowEyes
but now that I am thinking that this puppy may some day get published I am
considering a more modern layout as described above.
I will likely go ahead with the design using a tabbed document initially and
perhaps you can help me set it up to be accessible with WindowEyes so
navigation works smoothly through the list, the view with its MenuBar and
dropdown MenuItems and the
Grid with its columns and rows and the tab list of available views.
My problem before was that tabbing around or arrowing I had trouble getting
into the tab list once in the view content with the textboxes and, in this
case the Grid which get dynamically updated. Perhaps a hot key to jump to
the tab list from inside the view content and some way to read that I am in
the tab list would work but I am not sure how to setup a hot key to jump
focus to the tab list - but I havent looked at it in a long time now.
How have you handle navigation of TabbedDocuments in your projects?
Rick USA