Hi!

    For some of you that are not aware of a simple web browser, there might
be a benefit in using Breaking News for web browsing and saving web pages as
hotkeys, commonly called book marks, in a tree view form.
    The Breaking News latest addition also allows you to look at your
Favorites list without opening your web browser and click on the link you
want to either go to, or view as text.
    Note, viewing as text does allow you to go to the link, or download that
link as text as well.
    I added in this latest version the ability to search for a given phrase
you insert as your default search phrase. In searching for that phrase there
is also a check box to search for the exact phrase on that web site, or part
of that phrase, just check it if you want an exact search.
    Also, if you do not find that phrase it then searches for the largest
header font, commonly called Header 1 on your web page. So, there are 2
search options automatically done when downloading the web page to view as
text.
    Normally web pages highlight there main feature as a header 1 tag, so I
that options does come in handy.
    Note, if you want to continue searching for the phrase or header, the F3
key does that, and shift F3 reverse searches.
    I also added the F4 hotkey to search for just the word header, thus, if
you want to search for any font size, that key inserts the header phrase
into the search feature, and of course, shift F3 and F3 have that phrase as
well...

Granted at the moment the name does not describe correctly what it does, but
it is a quick web browser technique to use for viewing web pages and
downloading files. Yes, you can download files when on the text link, or the
list view link, if that link is a file that is able to be downloaded. You
can also download web pages using that hotkey.
    The download hotkey is just a simple Control-S and opens up the folder
search feature which assist in helping you to find a location to save the
file in.

    So, there are 3 dialogs, where the Tree View is the first and
automatically dialog loaded when starting the app. This tree view has all
your web pages you have saved and book marked, but remember, this book mark
is not stored in your Favorites list, it is only stored in your .ini file
for easy any time access off-line to download and go to web pages.
    There are 2 known flaws in the app, one which saves an HTML copy inside
the Breaking News folder, but I did not expand the links so some pages saved
may not have it's links work because some web pages you go to use the event
for activating your browser to insert the default page only if you are
actually at that web page; since I download it, that event is not available.
But in text view and link lists I do insert that default path. So it is a
minor fix when I have time for those that want to view off line an HTML
page.
    The other bug is the actually Breaking News alert timer, which I have
not even set up yet.

    I plan in the future to mark a web page section so you can have it read
that blocked-off section. It is not a bug, just a future addition.

    So, if you are interested in reading web pages the Breaking News app is
available, with the latest modification just uploaded recently to app
central
and is still on the top 10 recent apps.

        Bruce

---