This is because Microsoft is goin in a different security and permissions
model for windows 10.

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+gmelconian619=gmail....@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Kevin Minor via Talk
Sent: Saturday, August 1, 2015 12:58 PM
To: 'Window-Eyes Discussion List' <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Subject: A complaint and observation of Cortana.

Hi.

First, I'm going to do my subject in the reverse order.  I had trouble
setting up Cortana, and I had to call Microsoft Accessibility to get it
working.  I was using JAWS to do this, and it wasn't reading the screen.  I
decided to check the screen with Window-Eyes, and it read it with no
problem.  So, at least for me, Window-Eyes does something JAWS doesn't.

Now for my complaint.  If you use Cortana, you have to have a password to
sign into Windows, at least that's what I was told.  I'd rather have Windows
boot up directly to the desktop.  Oh well.  Microsoft has its reasons for
doing things the way they do.

Just some information for you.

Kevin Minor, Lexington, KY

List archives can be found at