On 8/4/2015 7:45 PM, Josh K via Talk wrote:
hi
I started out in 1992 with a keynote gold SA hardware synthesizer,
keysoft version 1.33F for dos. on the dos system it also had windows3.1
but no screen reader. I had megaDots and also a braille blazer embosser.
Then I pirated a friend's copy of vocal eyes 1.1 or 1.0 because he
showed it to me and I liked it better than master-touch for dos. Once my
itinerant teacher found out I had pirated my friend's copy of vocal eyes
the elementary school district got me the ASAP dos screen reader
instead. I used it with my braille lite for speech then moved onto a
windows95 desktop with jaws but kept asap around for playing dos games,
using mega-dots and word-perfect 5.1 for dos. I am so happy you can get
talking dosbox for free from

http://batsupport.com/unsupported/dosbox/

because now I can use most all of the old dos apps again. and tyler
spivey set it up so that the ASAP dos screen reader will talk using NVDA
as long as NVDA is in sleep mode. and when I save a word perfect
document it gets saved to my real hard drive here in windows10. David
Holiday works for duxbury systems now. I asked him to give me a
registered copy of mega-dots for my talking dos box emulator but he
refused. I wonder if he would do so now now that mega dots is discontinued?