There has been a lot of talk on the list recently about upgrading to Windows
10. Some subscribers advocate, and rightly so, to make a backup of all files
and folders. The process of doing that is relatively easy. However, making a
backup of your entire C drive, which would include all files, folders and
programmes, on that drive is quite another matter using the Windows
operating system. I can achieve this easily using the Mac operating system.
Indeed, I can make a backup on an external drive which, should anything
happen to the internal drive on my Mac, I can boot easily from the external
drive.
Perhaps there is an easy way to do the same thing using the Windows
operating system which is accessible using a screen reader. If there is, I
would love to know how to go about it. Of course, making such a backup would
be useful regardless of upgrading or not.
Unfortunately, Microsoft has a long way to go when it comes to
accessibility. And yes, I fully understand that we are a small community in
the grand scheme of things. Nevertheless, the same thing applies when it
comes to Apple, but they really have done a lot to make their products
accessible to all those with differing needs.
Well done Apple, and shame on Microsoft for doing the bare minimum.
M Brown