From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+batterseye=sbcglobal....@lists.window-eyes.com]
On Behalf Of Pamela Dominguez via Talk
Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2015 4:12 PM
To: talk@lists.window-eyes.com
Subject: keys on new computer

I wasn’t sure how to word the subjectline.  I have asked this question before
and not gotten an answer, so I hope somebody can help me.  People talk about
getting computers and having the function keys do different things.  One person
said the function keys act right away, so that when you go to use our commands
with them, they do other things.  I think it was said that you have to either
use a function key with the function keys on a laptop, or you have to go into
the registry or the bios and change it so that the keys do what we want.
Rather than have to do that, what question should I ask when buying the laptop
so that I get one with function keys that act properly?  I need to know, since
I am going shopping for a replacement.  Thanks.  Pam.