I've found that in most cases I'm able to start NVDA which at least enables me to start Task Manager and close the nonresponsive program. Of course this in no way makes the problem any less annoying. I find I usually have to do this with YouTube, which I usually use with Firefox because of Addblock Plus.

Focus your powers and prepare for buttle.
-----Original Message----- From: Tom Fairhurst via Talk
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 4:04 PM
To: Curtis Delzer ; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: WE 9.2 and IE 11

I might add to this that for me, I am not able to start narrator or any
other program to help. Even if I am successful in getting Window-Eyes back,
the other offending program may remain stuck or otherwise not work properly.
Often, I must hit the power button for a reboot.

-----Original Message----- From: Curtis Delzer via Talk