Hi: Same here.
I have found that sometimes it pays to move very slowly through a page and
especially be careful if you are getting slow results and try a WE search
for something. I have had WE go dead as a dornail many times when trying to
perform a search.
This even usually locks up the keyboard as well but firing up narrator will
usually give me just enough to get WE working so I can REBoot without
pushing the computer hard button.
Also, hitting the WE Restart keys will sometimes, if the keyboard is still
available, bring WE back but then there are often features of WE that don't
work or some that seemingly start working that wernt working before the
crash and I have to do a soft ReBoot, if I can get back to the Desktop via
narrator,  to get WE back to working as it does prior to a lockup.
This indicates to me 2 possible areas of interest.
Any scripts that are related to the browser could be not executing their
searches fast enough like reading the dom as it is dynamically updated and 2
perhaps flash advertising or info items that are constantly starting and
stopping automatically may be causing problems or a combination of the 2 or
something totally diferent.
It should be fixable since another mainline screen reader will work fine
even after WE has locked up if I can get to it via narrator.
I too am looking forward to a new release, guess this last upgrade didn't
get it right yet, where at least one of the browsers work much better and
with no lockups with WindowEyes so these speech outages are eliminated - no
lockups is the primary goal here me thinks.
Perhaps the AI Squared staff is slogging through what they can do with the
new Edge browser, UIA or the DOM and all that rather complicated set of
technicals - fingers crossed they figure it out sooner rather than later.
Rick USA