Hi: I think they would love to fix this problem if they had the tools and
skills if they could.
But, be assured they are not just sitting around drinking beer and watching
football while their bread and butter goes bad.
About a decade ago WindowEyes was, in fact, the most solid and user friendly
screen reader on the market in my opinion.
Today with all the new technicals, and I am guessing the legacy design and
tools they now use, not so much.
But, even though I understand your frustration completely,  to say they are
not concerned is just spouting your frustration.
Remember their jobs and their famlies future incomes depend on getting it
right if they can.
This is their profession, their livelyhoods and even their major source of
professional reputation so I don't think they are not trying.
But wanting to do something and having the ability to do something are 2
quite diferent things is something we were taught in Grad School and is, of
course, common sense for anyone who ever tried to design and implement any
larger project - think large and complex wedding perhaps and that is simple
compared to what AI Squared is looking at.
I too am frustrated but either have to live with what they can do or move on
and, so far, I am hanging in with WindowEyes since I have a decade or more
invested in learning the product and even working a little with scripting
and several of the group members and a couple of the AI Squared staff from
time to time.
Rick USA.