Hi there,

Maybe I'm just behind the times, but I seem to have found an add-on for
Firefox that appears, at least upon first using it, to bring back the mouse
key functionality that has been lacking since Firefox version 30. The add-on
is called Classic Theme Restorer. The add-on home page is:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/classicthemerestorer/

I installed this a few minutes before writing this message, I have not had
time to test all of the features. However, I have noticed that routing the
pointer to the active window and moving by clip appears to show icons where
previously they had been unreadable. This is exciting! What I will have to
do now is reconfigure my toolbar somehow to see what icons can be displayed.

I haven't been keeping up with a lot of the discussion on this list so,
again, this might be old news. But maybe it will help somebody.

Thanks, Dave