From: Marc Solomon
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2015 11:13 AM
To: Shannon <shan...@bartchroofing.com>; Window-Eyes Discussion List
<talk@lists.window-eyes.com>; Chris Grabowski <cgrabow...@aisquared.com>
Subject: RE: Remote Assistance question

Hi Shannon,
I use WE remote assistance all the time to deliver training. I have the person
asking for help use the Alternate Help Request option. On my side, I configured
my router to forward traffic (both UDP/TCP protocols) sent to ports 46925,
46826 and 46827 to my PC's local IP address. You can obtain your computer's IP
address using the ipconfig command at the command prompt. Instructions for
configuring port forwarding will be specific to your router. Once you configure
your router/firewall to forward this traffic to your PC, all should be well. If
the person asking for help is behind a tightly locked down firewall, you may
need to ask them to make an exception for the Window-Eyes Remote Assistance
process and the ports it uses. Good luck!
Kind Regards,
Marc Solomon
Sales & Accessibility Engineer
Ai Squared - We've Got Accessibility Covered
Phone: 802.362.3612 x212
Email: msolo...@aisquared.com
Web: www.aisquared.com
Connect with Ai Squared on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, check out our Blog, and
sign up to receive our newsletter.