Here is what I did.  I did as chris recommended, opened the menu, control
back slash, enter enter and still couldn't find Window-eyes diagnostics, so
then I went to App central and found Utilities, there I found WEDiag and
downloaded it.
Then I went back and repeated the steps from before and turned on status. I
arrowed up to Window-eyes diagnostics, hit enter, arrowed down to refresh
libraries, exited out of there and  wala, I am now able to open attachments.