It might be that you are using the WindowEyes cursor instead of the mouse
cursor. Try clicking the minus sign on the numeric keypad and see if that makes
a difference Also, I understand that Windows 8 and Windows 10 make it harder to
implement the mouse cursor functionality as part of increasing security and
efficiency..
Best wishes,

Jonathan