Chris

I'm using the latest Toolkit but, again, I was a bit premature in asking
the question, because I took a look at the braille displays, and a
display was selected which I don't have.  Why this was a particular
problem for the Skype ap I don't know, but I tried to unselect it by
just going to "none" and saving the settings, whereupon the non-existent
braille display would come back and cause the error.  Eventually, I
realised that I had to "activate" "none", which sounds a bit
counter-intuitive, but I now know that "none" has to be activated to
make it stick.  OK, just in case anyone else goes through that.  Skype
isn't causing the error any more, but I'm still curious as to why the
braille display suddenly became a problem when I opened Skype.
9.3.1 is working well, and I haven't had any more of those crashes with
Firefox so far, for which I'm extremely grateful.

Thanks

--
Reg
<regw...@btinternet.com>