just press tab from the message list and you should be in the window where the message text is.

At 05:57 PM 12/21/2015, you wrote:
hmmm, just installed becky and cannot figure out how to read any of the messages that came in. i see the list of mail boxes and jaws reports them open and i tab once to the message list and i see that o.k. but that's where i get lost. cannot read the messages.