From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+rod_hutton=hotmail....@lists.window-eyes.com] On Behalf
Of Larry Higgins via Talk
Sent: January 7, 2016 10:24 AM
To: Chris Grabowski <cgrabow...@aisquared.com>; Window-Eyes Discussion List
<talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Subject: Re: Exactly what does Windows Enhanced enhance anyway?

Thanks a whole bunch Chris for that thorough explanation. Think I'll go
back to App Central and download it again right away.

On 1/7/2016 9:12 AM, Chris Grabowski wrote:
> This app provides enhancements to Microsoft Windows, including:
>
> Start Menu Enhanced Navigation (Windows 8 Only)
>
> * Insert Left/Right - Move forward and backward between groups.
> * Insert Up/Down - Move up and down through the items in a group
logically.
> * Insert Home/End - Move to the first and last items in a group
respectively.
> * Control-Insert-Tab - Displays a dialog containing all of the start menu
items in a tree view.

> Toasts and Balloon Tips
>
> * Toast window messages (such as those from installing apps, or inserting
media that causes autoplay to run) are announced automatically. In addition,
both toasts and balloon tip messages are saved so that you can review them
at any time, using the Toast and Balloon Tip History option in the Windows
Enhanced app menu. You also have the option to route the mouse to toasts and
balloon tips automatically so all you have to do is a single left click to
perform the default action.

> Audio Support and Mute options
>
> * Windows Enhanced also provide you with the ability to enable audio
support in safe mode. When enabled, your audio device will be enabled so
that Window-Eyes can speak if you boot into Safe Mode (note: some audio
hardware does not support this feature).

> * You can also use control-windows-M (by default) to toggle the master
volume's mute property on and off.