Hi, about 4 years ago Netflix was very useable with WE. Then, they changed up their site to make it more attractive to sighted folk. I had been using Netflix for several months and was able to search, browse, and read the descriptions of the movies, but after the "improvements" I was no longer able to do so. I called Netflix several time and was basically told that "not many "unsighted" people use netflix anyway.... With our "watered down" ADA laws it will probally be a long time before anything get done to any of these Mega" big sites.

-----Original Message----- From: Rick Thomas via Talk
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2016 3:49 AM
To: 'Marc Solomon' ; 'Window-Eyes Discussion List' ; mattc...@verizon.net
Subject: RE: Using Window-Eyes with Netflix

Hi Mark: I just opened netflix and turned off browse mode and while I could
only tab around the links I did manage to do a search, read links for the
resultent movies and click on one and tab to a play button. I didn't play
it, too early but it looks like this might be a very crude, but perhaps
useful, way to get around in Netflix which is not very accessible with any
screen reader as far as I could tell.
Isnt the Department Of Justice suppose to be starting to enforce
accessibility for major commercial websites?
Anyway,  is there a way to read the various headings and other text as well
as the descriptions of movies while in browse mode?
For now, at least, it looks like I can find something and play it but there
are many shows I don't know anything about and if there are popup
descriptions about them as you arrow over or link over them that would be
nice indeed.
Later and thanks for the pointer on trying to use an otherwise totally
inaccessible, or at least useable, site.
Rick USA