Actually: I don't think this is about whether individuals use or not use - it
is about being current with technological developments.  I use my iPhone every
day, but pair it with a Braille display.  If I were to get a Windows tablet in
preference to Android or Apple (not likely yet) I would expect the same
flexibility that I have with my phone.  My Apple Mac, which I am struggling to
learn to use, has its touch pad as standard.  Voiceover interacts with this,
even though I prefer the keyboard.

The point is that Window-Eyes needs to run on Windows tablets, and many users
will still pair with an external keyboard.

This is close to the last throw of the Window-eyes dice, because if it doesn't
stay current, users faced with new technology solutions, when the old faithfuls
pass on, will go elsewhere.
The old GW Micro approach with developing Window-Eyes was a good one.  That is:
develop new features, but do the work well so that people have confidence in
those new features.  Such an approach is dependent upon new sales, and loyal
customers purchasing updates rather than relying on the Window-eyes for Office
programme.  Our success in education and employment depends on innovation, not
adhering to legacy stuff.  Fortunately, we don't yet need to be
up-to-the-second with the latest and greatest, but it sometimes feels like that
with the rate of change in technology.

So where does customer support and its commitment to Window-eyes sit?  I
purchase my updates through the Software Maintenance Agreement, and hope that
some of my purchasing is invested into research and development, marketing and
responsiveness to new technology.  Large numbers of us purchasing one user
license each is better than a small number of us, so that costs are spread
across the revenue we supply to AI Squared.  So although I'm not rushing to
experiment with a Windows tablet any time soon, those who advicate for the
touch screen interface  and who are also Window-Eyes loyal definitely have my
support.

Vaughan.

Vaughan.