Hi. Well, i've always said, if a program works fine for you and does what it's supposed to, why switch? I would certainly think that you'd only upgrade or switch to something else when a new file format comes out that Winamp doesn't support, or if for whatever reason it no longer does what you want it to. Yes, Winamp has been taken over by another company, and they say they'll be coming out with something this year, so you may want to keep it around and see what develops. i've been using Winamp since 1999 so I'll only switch to another player when or if I absolutely have to.