From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+sclower=aisquared....@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Yusuf Osman via Talk
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2016 8:18 AM
To: Window Eyes Talk (talk@lists.window-eyes.com) <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Subject: Problems with WE and Windows10

Sorry if this message comes out a little garbled as I'm having one or two
problems with WE since I upgraded to Windows 10 Home yesterday.

I was using Windows7 with WE9.4. I upgraded to Windows10 and each time WE
loaded I got a descending set of beeps which I've always assumed meant that WE
had crashed. I had previously read the upgrade instructions which referred to
the need to install WE9.2 in order to get back the Mirror driver. I did this,
and the descending beeps stopped. I then upgraded to WE9.4 and am now having
the same problem.

Despite the descending tones as soon as WE starts, it appears to be working,
although it has difficulties in Windows Explorer, running very slowly and
sometimes crashing completely. Also, items in the start menu aren't always read
correctly. By that I mean if I type in the search box and cursor down to go
through the options, sometimes nothing is said.

Also, in Outlook response from WE after pressing the tab key to move between
email list, search area, etc. is sometimes very slow.

Another problem in Outlook is that when a new message comes in, a notification
pops up which reads the message. I'm guessing though this is a setting
somewhere in Outlook, but I've got no idea how to stop this from happening, it
never happened in Windows7 and Outlook 2013. Incidentaly I presume I'm still
using Outlook2013? Perhaps Windows10 has defaulted to something else.

Any help much appreciated.
Yusuf