Long story short, I may have managed to find an older desktop that I can borrow
until I can get myself a new computer. When I get the computer, I can get it up
to 8.4, but need to get up to 9.4 and have done my updates through the
automatic system, which doesn’t leave me any copies of the update files for
those versions. I would like to know if I can download these files so that I
can get the updates done since I am warned that I need to have a newer version
installed in order to do the latest update to 9.4.

I also would like to know If one can purchase a full install disc for the
latest version. I thought that the major version upgrades came with such discs,
but starting the uinstallation gives the same warning as with all updates about
how one must already have a previous version installed to do the update. I find
using multiple update discs is fine for upgrading, but I also find that to be a
frustrating time consumer when setting up a new system or doing a fresh wipe
and reinstall of the OS, something I like to do every once in a while. I would
like to have a full version disc for major version updates, and it would really
be nice if we could get discs with the full latest version whenever an update
costs an SMA and rates a disc.

Thanks,

Chris T