I am running the latest version of Thunderbird which I believe is 45 on an HP desktop which I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and use Window-Eyes 9.4 for the screen reader.

I find this combination to be extremely unstable resulting in frequent loss of speech and requiring Window-Eyes to be reloaded with alt control W, and usually requiring a reload of Thunderbird as well. I am writing to inquire as to whether other list members are experiencing similar problems with Thunderbird. I should also mention that I experienced these issues but to a much lesser extent using earlier versions of Thunderbird and of Window-eyes. Please let me know if there are setting changes I can make which will alleviate these issues.

Also, often Thunderbird will encounter messages in the message list which will cause it to say "Thunderbird thinks this message is junk." It will then go through some options to mark the message or to close it and ultimately will read the to, from, and subject fields. If possible, how do I fix this?

If this persists, I will revert to Windows live Mail although I much prefer Thunderbird.

Thanks for feedback.

Don Roberts