IN my case, I have a Asus computer and have two options.

1. Have someone make a change in the bios settings.
2. upgrade to windows 10.

-----Original Message----- From: Evan Reese
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2016 10:05 AM
To: Russ Kiehne ; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: Forbes article on windows 7

Okay, so it basically comes down to a question of what Microsoft knew and
when they knew it. One author claims that Microsoft didn't see the problem,
the other claims they knew about it and changed the update from Optional to
Recommended anyway.
I don't know whether there is any way to settle that.
But whatever the case, there is still ample evidence, including quoted
statements from Microsoft's marketing director that someone posted here,
that Microsoft is using some questionable tactics to get people to move to
Windows 10.
Evan

-----Original Message----- From: Russ Kiehne via Talk