Ok, when using nvda, and Jaws they work just fine with thunderbird.

Window eyes is the problem the thunderbird set files aren't even loaded you have to manually unload and thenload them before they are active.

But that does not fix the back space issue when ereasing what you have written.

I Know several people who are strong window eyes users that switched either to nvda or jaws.

Because of thunderbird issues, and browse mode issues.

Ihave been a window eyes user for more then ten years but as of late use window eyes very seldomly.