Yes: and I suggest that people go and check out AI Squared presentation from
CSUN - url not readily available to me.   Lots of optimism, and plenty of talk
about Fusion, and the rewriting of braille support.  Good things: now possibly
trashed.

Against my better judgement, I renewed my SMA.  I believed that supporting
Window-Eyes was still a good thing.  Sometimes we make wrong purchasing
decisions.

There are glimpses of how Freedom Scientific will behave.  They recently merged
with Optelec, but when I last looked less than a week ago, products off the
Main FS site did not draw me to Alva braille displays - one of which I have.
Why would FS promote Window-eyes alongside JAWS, when Window-Eyes's market
share is so small?  And: FS filed an unsuccessful lawsuit against GW Micro.;

This is the inevitable concentration of all resources available to a small
market place into the hands of a monopoly.

My perhaps forlorn hope is that maybe Humanware will launch a new screen
reader, because for me at least, NVDA doesn't cut it.

Window-eyes will clealry still function on existing instalations, but we
eventually replace our hardware and software, and things will just start to
break.

I guess we are all speculating, and maybe some positive things are just around
the corner, which for reasons of commercial sensitivity, cannot yet be
disclosed.

Vaughan.