But I bet if or when Narrator does have scripting kapabilities, Dancing
dots, and or Hartgen consultancy could make the scripts work with Narrator.

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+skyt=shaw...@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Andy Baracco via Talk
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 5:14 PM
To: Larry Higgins; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: Think Business

There are larger forces at work here. For one thing, smart phones and
tablets are replacing computers for many people. Many find that they can do
what they need to do with their smart phone or tablet, along with
consumption of content like music, videos, games, and sporting events. My
wife has an aging PC that she has not got around to replacing because she is

doing everything with her iPhone, and is considering buying an iPad as
opposed to a PC. Many blind persons prefer a dedicated note taker to a PC,
and today's generation of note takers are not so dedicated anymore.
And as for those blind persons who use PCs, the free screen reader NVDA is
no longer a curiosity but is a viable solution for many home PC users. PCs
are still essential in the workplace, but the blind population is growing
older, and many who have worked are retiring. And Apple continues to be an
alternative solution for blind persons. The demand for PC based screen
reading software is decreasing, and there just isn't enough demand to
support several competing products. I think that eventually advanced screen
reader capability will be built into Windows narrator and the AT companies
will make their money on hardware such as note takers, braille displays, and

low vision solutions.

Andy