If his equalizer is turned on, he can also adjust the volume by increasing the preamp setting.
Evan

-----Original Message----- From: Larry Higgins via Talk
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 4:17 PM
To: Rod Hutton ; Window-Eyes Discussion List ; 'Russ Kiehne'
Subject: Re: Wimamp problem

Hey Rod,

I could be wrong, but I think he might be aware of how to control the
volume in Winamp, via simply using the up or down arrow keys on the
keyboard. What he might not realize, depending how long he has been
using Windows 10, or even back to 8 for that matter, is that the mixer
allows you to work with the master volumes for all audio apps, and yes,
even those that aren't audio apps,  like Thunderbird in my case.

I have run into  this very issue on occasion, and have had to
immediately go to the mixer, then all things become louder and clearer
<smile>. Then his 100% setting will no longer sound like 50%, or what
ever his settings happen to be at the time.

Larry