In the old days, that is like 10 years ago, I used to have a version of Nero installed. Think it was version 5 or 6. It was a quite nice tool for ripping and burning CDs, but it also included a tiny recording software, with some really good noise handling features. I do not know where my disk with that version of Nero ever ended up in the archives here, and my guess is that it would maybe not work under modern versions of Windows either. Used to run it under 98SE, and later on under XP.

For some reasons, I signed up for the newsletter from Nero sometime through those years. And I now keep receiving their offerings on new versions of Nero. Seems they do like any other software developer these days, reasoning that their particular software is going to be the one and only the globe ever will need, speckling it with more or less needed and wanted new features. I have been reluctant in taking any chance on the software updates offered, and for many years now been using other third-party software for my tasks.

Yet, I was wondering if any of you out there, would happen to be using newer versions of the NERO suite. If so, which version are you using, what are you using it for, and how accessible is it now aday? Any feedback the list members could offer me, would be appreciated, as it might help me to make an informed decision what to do about any of the Nero products.

Thanks,

--
David