From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+rod_hutton=hotmail....@lists.window-eyes.com] On Behalf
Of Tom Kingston via Talk
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 9:40 PM
To: Lloyd Rasmussen <l...@sprynet.com>; Window-Eyes Discussion List
<talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Subject: Re: selecting text

Just remember that the F8 selection method is specific to browse mode and in
both cases (in a browser or an email client) you have to go back and forth.

When I'm reading a message in Thunderbird I'm in browse mode and have to use
the F8 method. But when I'm writing a message I'm not and have to use the
standard shifted method. Same in a browser. When you're reading a page it's
F8 and when you exit browse mode to enter text in an edit box you have to
fall back on the shifted method.

The only constant is when you're in the context pane of a CHM file. then
you're always in browse mode.

Regards,
Tom

On 8/31/2016 3:24 PM, Lloyd Rasmussen via Talk wrote:
> If you are in Thunderbird or a web browser, Window-Eyes 9 and above
> has a different selection method. You essentially define the beginning
> and end of a block of text with the F8 key. While defining the extent
> of the block, you use unshifted arrow or control-arro keys. When you
> have pressed F8 the second time, you are asked whether you want to
> copy formatted or unformatted text onto the Windows clipboard. Which
> of those options you choose will depend on what you plan to do with
> the text next.  This is covered in the Window-Eyes Features, Working
> with the Internet, Selecting Text part of the manual.
>

> Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, MD
> http://lras.home.sprynet.com
> -----Original Message----- From: Greg Mason via Talk
> Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 3:07 PM
> To: talk@lists.window-eyes.com
> Subject: selecting text
>
> I am using a Dell desktop computer.  I am unable to select text with
> control shift right arrow as usual.  Any help will be appreciated.

http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/lras%40sprynet
.com.

> List archives can be found at

http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/tom.kingston%4