HI Tom and all:

I tried the free version of AVG for awhile, but I found that it was
eating Window-eyes, in other words, that it thought that some .exe
files that are essential for running Window-eyes were malware so it
deleted them.  Even though I tried to tell it that the files in
question were not malware, it didn't seem to pay any attention.
So then I got rid of AVG and went back to MSSE.  So far, I have had no
problems, and it is still periodically updating its virus definitions
which means that they are keeping it current.
Kevin Huber