Your sense of humor is beautiful.  Thanks for the smile,

Trish

-----Original Message-----
From: Crabb, Nolan via Talk
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 10:58 AM
To: Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: A Little Morality tale: It's Not Always Microsoft's Fault!

So last night, I did my little Internet radio thing on the Legend, and I
noticed that the Station Playlist app for Window-eyes was running but not
working. I blamed the failure on a recent Windows 10 update, presuming that
the update had erased all my key bindings or had taken over keystrokes that
were once used by the Station Playlist app. I grumbled and groused about
Windows 10 updates to my poor beleaguered listeners off and on, convinced
that the fault was surely Microsoft’s.

When I came off the air, I dug a little deeper into the Window-eyes
environment and found that for whatever reason, GW Toolkit wasn’t running at
all. That would explain in a big way why there were no working keystrokes in
the Station Playlist app.

With no small amount of chagrin and plenty of dip for that crow I was
gagging down, I ran GW Toolkit, reopened Station Playlist, brought up a list
as if I were about to be on the air, chewed another beak or two of that
nasty crow, and proceeded to watch as Jeff Bishop’s scripts worked
flawlessly—all my keystrokes were back and in good working order.

I share this hopefully as an attempt at brightening your day just a bit. If
you, too, have made a similar mistake of not checking the status of GW
Toolkit, finding it easier instead to blame Microsoft, you need to know you’re
not alone in that. And just so you know, crow meat that comes from
Washington state is no more appetizing than the same unfortunate dish from
anywhere else. :-)

Double check your GW Toolkit status, my friends, before you despair of ever
seeing your app’s keystrokes work well again. I have to admit to being
rather stunned that Toolkit wasn’t running. I don’t remember killing it for
any reason. Here’s hoping it comes up and runs automatically from now on.

Nolan, who is somewhat humbled and chastened by his experience, and who
doesn’t recommend crow regardless of the dip recipe you have or whether it
comes from Washington state or wherever!

Nolan Crabb, Director of Assistive Technology
The Ohio State University, Office of the ADA Coordinator/Office of Diversity
and Inclusion
Hale Hall, 150 W. 12th Ave., Ste. 15
Columbus, OH 43210

(614) 535-7174