Thank you to all who had suggestions as how to get my system talking.

So far, it is still resisting all of my attempts.  I'll need to ask my
poor wife, who knows little about computers to read some screens for me
this evening after work.

I keep thinking there has to be a simple switch I've turned off, but
where it is, guess that will be the Hunt that will take  place later.

It plays sounds, but won't talk.  When NVDA would not talk, that is when
I thought I might have something serious going on.    NVDA works when
all others fail.  But, let's hope it is just a switch flipped the wrong
way.

Grumpy Dave

--
Dave <dlh...@centurylink.net>