From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+steve.jacobson=visi....@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Tom Kingston via Talk
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2017 12:28 PM
To: Jeff Weiss <jeff-we...@sbcglobal.net>; Window-Eyes Discussion List
<talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Subject: Re: interesting problem with Notepad

I don't recall ever seeing this in Notepad. But I do agree. If I have
several programs open, and particularly if I'm jumping back and forth
between them a lot, usually because they're all related to a project, things
can get dicey, especially if I've been pounding away at it all day long.
So I generally don't leave everything I might use open.
Regards,
Tom

Dropped from my iDrone

<talk@lists.window-eyes.com> wrote:

> I have had similar problems with notepad and other programs.
> I don't think that it is a problem with the settings, but a problem where
Window-eyes is not always changing to the correct setfile for the program
which has focus.
> This often happens to me when I have several programs opened, and I
alt-tab back and forth.
> As you say, closing the program and re-opening it often fixes the problem.
>
> Jeff Weiss
>

> -----Original Message----- From: Carol and Roger via Talk
> Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 2:40 PM
> To: Window-Eyes Discussion List
> Subject: interesting problem with Notepad
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a text file in Notepad which has phone numbers, etc. Normally, it
> reads just fine.  Right now, I can arrow through a letter or word at a
> time and they are spoken.  The problem comes when trying to read by
> line.  The screen is maximized.  I can route the mouse to the cursor and
> can read the line with the mouse.  I can read by line if I select the
> text.  I can press control-numpad 5 and can read the line.  This is very
> annoying as I want to arrow down to get particular information from the
> file. I have checked all of the settings I can think of to try, cursor
> keys, voice keys, general settings, etc.  All seem to be in order.  This
> is a file I use just about every day.  I have noticed it do this
> occasionally, but it always comes back if I close and reopen the file.
> Does anyone have any other ideas I can try? Thank you.
>
> Carol

> List archives can be found at
> List archives can be found at

List archives can be found at