Been so long since I had Java on any of my machines. But memory serves
me, that you can use the Ninite installer for installing Java. Should
take away alot of the issues in the installation process.

You further might need to activate the JavaBridge, from inside WE, for
the screen reader to function with the Java application. Last time I had
the solution installed, I seem to remember there would still be parts of
Java applications that were only so much accessible. As with any other
applications on the market these days, also with Java, you never can
tell how well things work, until you try the actual software. The screen
reader might only work, in cases where the Java-based application has
been written in a manner that opens for accessibility. One of the
reasons why things like OpenOffice does not work too well with Win-Eyes.

Again, things might have changed, but you want to be prepared.

David