Just for the sake of clarity, The correct name for the panel I am referring to in previous post is Volume Mixer.

Thanks,

Larry
On 4/25/2017 3:57 PM, Larry Higgins via Talk wrote:
OK Listers, I have tried this question before, and although I realize
that it is a smidgen OT, I must nevertheless ask again, not having yet
received an answer one way or another.

When bringing up the volume adjustment panel, and after loading numerous
Web radio streams, as well as volume settings that show up for pre
advertising and such, I find it quite frustrating to have to tab through
the numerous settings, which may also include volume settings for other
apps such as Total Recorder scheduler, which always runs in the
background, and Thunderbird, and maybe others that I have forgotten. OK,
honorable mention also has to go to settings for my sound card, as well
as Windows sounds themselves.

Now, what I really want to know. Is there any way to either remove some
of these controls that have outlived their usefulness for the session,
or lacking that ability, to arrange  the settings to be adjacent to one
another so I wont have to tab through all of them to locate the right one.

Right now, I seem to have no choice but to try either turning up or down
or muting each separate control, as in trial and error. There has got to
be an easier way to work through all these separate controls. Any ideas?

Any help with this one will be greatly appreciated,

Larry

List archives can be found at