From: Orlando Enrique Fiol
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 4:52 PM
To: Joseph Norton; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: RE: whole migrating situation

 >So, no monopoly here, yet.  Just business.
 >The same thing happened in the Long Distance and local phone markets.
 >The AT field is no different, whether we like it or not.

Your analogy is somewhat flawed because long distance telephone
carriers provided the exact same service. Whether you used AT&T or
MCI, back in the day, you didn't have to learn an entirely new
conceptual layout just to get long distance service. If Dan and Doug
simply wanted to retire from the accessibility market, they could
have sold the company to an enterprising software developer with an
interest in the blind accessibility market. Instead, the code now
belongs to VFO, locked away from future development. That doesn't
seem sensible, and I can't imagine how much VFO could have offered
GWMicro to take its code off the market.

Orlando Enrique Fiol
Ph.D. Candidate in Music Theory
University of Pennsylvania
Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist, Arranger, Performer
and Pedagogue
Home: (980) 585-1516
Mobile: (267) 971-7090
Email: of...@verizon.net