Hello Terry, when you are in the program which is self-voicing, do the following.

1. Press Jaws-6 to bring up the setting center.
2. You will be in a search edit box, type the word sleep.
3. Press Tab and you will be in the search results. There should be 2 of them.
4. Press down arrow to choose the sleep mode option. It should be set to
disabled.
5. Press Space until Enabled is selected.
6. Press Enter.

That should do it.

Good luck.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
Assistive Technology Trainer - RGA Tech Solutions

“Any teacher that can be replaced with a computer, deserves to be.” - David
Thornburg