Yes: there is a moderation process for the first couple of messages. It means that the post is checked that it fits the list's rules. Once the moderator is satisfied, posts will come back to you as they will be allowed to go to the list without moderator intervention.

This process does seem to work quite well, as list behaviour is pretty good.

Hope this helps.

Vaughan.